Building installation images

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 10:18:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 07:47:07AM +0100, David Woakes wrote:
> Could someone tell me how to build installation iso's which incorporate
> the recent change made to the Kernel in FC2 to allow it to boot on a Via
> C3 processor please.

I yum updated from fc1 to fc2 + arjanv kernel on my mini-itx:

[paul at babel paul]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : VIA Samuel 2
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 533.429
cache size      : 64 KB

Documentation on customising fedora/anaconda can be found here:

http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject

The archives of anaconda-devel-list are also useful - but the wiki has a fairly good summary of what you have to do.

I'd suggest it's easiest just to use the boot.iso and nfs install from your
tree.

Paul