future kernel module rpm situation (was: kernel-source vs. kernel-sourcecode (please revert))

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jun 15 14:24:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:07:25AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> > > yum/apt/up2date. All three of them.
> >
> > Not apt, I have quite often switched arch with apt.
>
> As have I - remember all the nptl problems people saw in rhl9-era? A
> fair number of those were apt switching from glibc.i686 to glibc.i386
> midstream.

which was a bug in the repo (the updates repo) not providing the same
NEVR, but uploading i386 first.

How will yum handle athlon downgrades to i686 or i386? Yes, there are
no such packages in download.fedora.redhat.com (other than FC1
kernels), but such packages exist, and should the package maintainers
also have to rename their packages for changing the arch?

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net