Kernel Stack Sizes

Erik Espinoza erik.espinoza at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 01:51:07 UTC 2004

Linus has taken the stance that binary drivers are NOT the priority in
the development of the Linux kernel. I believe Fedora feels the same
way and although ndiswrapper is not a binary driver in itself, the
ndis drivers it loads from Windows are. The same goes for nVidia, who
has put out a really quality driver, but hasn't updated it for FC2.

In addition Linuxant puts out a kernel that works fine with
ndiswrapper and nVidia available for download for free at:
www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc2-kernel-i686.php

Moral of the story, when nVidia decided to release a binary driver it
came with the understanding that they would make updates since we
don't have the source in order to be able to ourselves. We can't let a
few companies dictate how we move forward, especially when we are
buying customers. With that said, apply pressure. Inquire with nVidia.
Ask for a timeline as an nVidia customer. Let your voice be heard to
the people who can do something about it, or download the linuxant
kernels and get up and going today.

Erik