Kernel Stack Sizes

Peter Maas fedora at rooker.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 17 02:05:56 UTC 2004

> I have downloaded the linuxant kernels and installed them. The nVidia
> drivers and ndiswrapper work after a fashion. However, I just discovered
> that the sound drivers in FC2 no longer work as well. As much as I would
> like to reap the benefits of the 2.6 kernel, heigh-ho heigh-ho it's back
> to FC1 I go. Or maybe I'll try Mandrake.
>
> Thanks for your time.

This is not a Mandrake, Redhat, Fedora, Suse, etc issue here, this is a,
After vanilla kernel 2.6.6, 4K stacks are enforced, Linus has spoken from on
high, the discussion about it being in the kernel is over. From this point
on its all about bugfixes, if you find a problem, notify the person in
charge of fixing it.