new kernel naming convention?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 15:11:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:03:37 +0200, Tarjei Knapstad
<tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com> wrote:

> Check the recent archives for this list and fedora-test for more.

I dont think he's commenting about the change to "sourcecode".
I think the comment was about the non-ascii character dangling off the end.
Which i think its a particularly new twist just in arjan's p.r.c at the moment.
I think this is the first time i've seen a package version with a
release number that used non ascii characters. It will be fun to watch
how this sort of thing breaks existing tools
that have been explicitly or implicitly assuming ascii.

-jef"contemplating building a package that just uses symbols as its
release number"spaleta