new kernel naming convention?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Thu Jun 17 15:14:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-17-06 at 11:11 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>  It will be fun to watch
> how this sort of thing breaks existing tools
> that have been explicitly or implicitly assuming ascii.

I downloaded it, installed it, and I'm running it right now (hey, what
can I say, I'm a risk taker :-)... it seems to be fine so far, although
it does look a little odd on the terminals.  In gnome-terminal, it looks
like a lower-case gamma, which sorta-kinda makes sense (if you consider
the three levels of release to be alpha, beta, and gamma...).

[bcs at zephyr bcs]$ uname -r
2.6.7-1.437ɤ

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca