Kernel Stack Sizes

Steve Brenneis sbrenneis at surry.net
Thu Jun 17 15:23:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 10:44, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:27:58AM -0400, Steve Brenneis wrote:
> > If there was such a huge demand, ATI and Broadcom would both have
> > developed at least binary drivers for Linux. Both steadfastly refuse to
>
> ATI did, Broadcom did

References? If they produced drivers for Linux, it will be news to a lot
of people. It will also make projects like ndiswrapper unnecessary. Are
you sure of this?

> > I use the open source Radeon drivers on another system and they are
> > barely functional. I don't think it will be possible for anyone to
>
> They should be pretty solid for the older radeon cards. For the newest ones
> and 3D you have to use the ati binary driver right now.

Do you have a link? I know many, many people who will be happy to hear
there is a binary driver for ATI.

--
Steve Brenneis <sbrenneis at surry.net>