Preliminary OpenAFS 1.3.x RPM for Fedora Core 2

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Jun 18 19:41:54 UTC 2004

I know OpenAFS isn't well-loved at Red Hat, but we're kinda dependent on it
here. (Maybe the in-kernel AFS will be a large part of our solution in the
future, but it needs a lot more work.) And, as of, um, two days ago, OpenAFS
CVS + some patches builds and runs on Fedora Core 2. So, I've put together a
preliminary RPM, and I'd like some help making it as perfect as possible.

<http://www.mattdm.org/misc/openafs/>

Please read the README.RPM and TODO.RPM files included in the src.rpm. (Also
conveniently on the above web site, which is a little ugly because I'm lazy.)

Specific caveats: it's very cutting edge, and some things (SMP, for example)
don't work at all. You may get PAG support if you rebuild your kernel to
export the syscall table -- I haven't tried. Otherwise, you won't.

Any bugs in the new init script or in the specfile, or suggestions for
improvements, please let me know!

Thanks!