More bad dependencies

John Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Tue Jun 22 00:16:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:08:22PM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:18:27PM -0400, John Thacker wrote:
> > Ah, yes, another catch.
> > Also, does anyone know why the openobex package requires glib?
> >

> glib isnt just graphical - openobx uses the other classes in glib. It might
> work with glib2, not investigated

So, ldd doesn't show any dependency, rpmbuild doesn't pick it up automatically, and
I noticed this in its Changelog near the top:

<snip>
2002-10-28  Marcel Holtmann  <marcel at holtmann.org>

	* Remove GLib dependencies.
	* Remove default prefix statement.
	* Fix workaround for Bluetooth support, again.
	* Replace OBEX_TRANS_CUST with OBEX_TRANS_CUSTOM.
</snip>

The only glib dependency in the RPM is explicit, so I was thinking that it might
be another case of the package specifying a dependency that went away.

John Thacker