packages that BuildRequire: gettext that need to change to gettext-devel

Maxim V. Dziumanenko mvd at mylinux.com.ua
Wed Jun 23 10:12:23 UTC 2004

Срд, 2004-06-23 у 00:12, Florian La Roche написав:
> > So as an alternative, I'd like to move autopoint (and probably more
> > development tools) into gettext-devel.  See bug #126071.  This brings up
> > the main point: a lot of packages presently BuildRequire: gettext, and I
> > think all of them will need to change to gettext-devel.  This is the
> > list from rawhide:
>
> I think this exactly shows why it does not make sense to list buildreqs
> in too much detail. gettext/texinfo/auto*/libtool etc all should be
> required elsewhere.

I reported about missing buildreq perl-XML-Parser for several packages.
The majority of these reports have been accepted, but once the answer
was (approximately so) " I do not want to add dependencies on base
packages, such as automake ..."

Whether there is a list of packages which are considered base for build?
If I have this list, I will not report about missing buildreqs on such
packages.

--
Maxim V. Dziumanenko <mvd at mylinux.com.ua>