midnight commander UTF-8 patches and more

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Thu Jun 24 01:09:17 UTC 2004

On 2004-06-18 (Friday) 03:35, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote:
>
> > Vladimir Nadvornik has made available a few patches to complete / fix
> > the utf-8 patches for the midnight commander at
> > http://www.suse.de/~nadvornik/mc.html .
>
> On my request Vladimir was so kind to fix some conflicts I saw with the
> jumbo patch and the edit-replace patch. The edit-replace patch is now
> totally integrated in Vladimir's utf8-input patch. He added a small fix
> and couple of checks as well (*p1++ = 'l' if (*p == 's') and a couple of
> *p < 128 tests before calling strchr).
>
> He also integrated code from 6 hunks from the jumbo patch into his
> utf8-input patch. This means these 6 hunks (all 5 hunks regarding
> edit/editcmd.c and hunk "@@ -1290,10 +1291,11 @@ delete_region" for
> src/widget.c) can be dropped from the current jumbo patch when applying
> these patches.
>
> The current state of the patches seems to fix all the issues I was
> seeing when using charsets other than UTF-8 (a.o. wrong key binding (&),
> missing key highlights). You can find a test src rpm for FC 1 from
> http://www.ottolander.nl/opensource/srpms/fc1/mc-4.6.0-14.10n.src.rpm .
>
> Leonard.

    Yes, it works great now (I use this version). With LANG=bg_BG.UTF-8
I have no key binding highlights in Bulgarian, but this can be translation
issue.
    A real problem is if you enter a directory with <CR><LF> in the name
with mc - it freezes there. Ex:
	D=$(echo -e 'test\015\012test')
	mkdir "$D"
	cd "$D"
	mc
    At this point trying to get out of this dir or switch panels with
<TAB> does nothing.
    Can someone check if this also happends with 'normal' mc?

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79