Initrd Help - Upgrading the kernel

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 24 07:51:29 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm sorry for posting this but I'd like to ask for a favor.
I'm stuck and unable to upgrade the kernel. That's because the initrd
(which I need to load xfs) is generated post-install, and losetup does
not work on my system. It fails with memlock: Unable to lock into
memory. I filed a bug, but after some googling around I found a message
from Warren Togami that this issue is kernel-related and has been fixed
in later releases. The problem is that I'm stuck at this particular
release (414) with no other kernel. Knoppix chroot has some permission
issue that won't let me do anything useful.

So the favor I'd like to ask is: can someone send me the generated
initrd for the 448 kernel, with the xfs module in particular on it?
I don't do raid or lvm or anything strange like that. I'd really
appreciate some help. I'll test SElinux and the kernel and everything
afterwards...