Announcement: improved fedora.us UPDATE submission policy

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Jun 24 09:54:00 UTC 2004

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> The most noteworthy change is that trusted developers may now
> self-approve their own updates.  More info in Wiki:
>
> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy#updates
> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraPeople
> http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PUBLISHCriteria

That sounds great, and will probably speed up the process a lot.
I've been through (some of) the discussions with Axel about freshrpms, dag,
atrpms, etc, and it seems that this was one of their blockers for merging.
OK, I know that this is a flame-generating subject, so I won't comment on
that any further. Anyway, this is a step in the right direction I think.

> We are working on other process and documentation improvements as well,
> stay tuned.

Please, *where* are you working on it ? A mailing-list ? An IRC channel ?

Thanks

Aurélien
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info
"Entre toi et moi il y a un produit qui s'appelle un produit,
une molécule qui s'appelle l'oxygène, alors si tu fais ça
(inspiration/expiration) comme ça, tu vis, mais si je tue
l'oxygène comme sur la lune, tu meurs !" -- Jean-Claude Vandamme