Smartcard base components

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jun 24 19:30:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 08:45, Veiko+Sinivee wrote:

(Already discussed in private mail, but summarizing here for the record)

> I didn't know that these packages existed already.

Well, my packages really exist in bugzilla.fedora.us QA queue for now,
so it's not a miracle that they're not easily found at the moment :)

> The modified opensc library I was offering here has been patched by
> Marie Fischer and Martin Paljak <martin at paljak.pri.ee> to support
> Estonian ID cards. They made some modifications to the code and some
> ATR strings in the opensc.conf to init the card. Please consult with
> Martin Paljak as he has developed the last version of this opensc
> branch. I'd like to see this suff being incorporated in opensc main
> line and released.

I remember exchanging a couple of mails already with Martin.  But
please, try to get those changes into upstream OpenSC.

> Ok how can I help you test these packages you mentioned? I haven't
> really developed too low-level
> opensc code yet but I can at least test this stuff. Please provide
> some more details on how to get the packages from bugzilla.fedora.com.
> I did a search on opensc and found nothing.

Uhm, it's bugzilla.fedora.us...
See also direct links in my previous mail:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-June/msg00749.html

For info on how to help, start from http://www.fedora.us/wiki/

> Would you be interested in testing gdigidoc? I'll try to provide
> Finnish locale support as well.

Sometime, absolutely!  But not right now, I have far too much stuff on
my plate already :(

> I'm very interested in OmniKey drivers. I have such a device on my
> laptop and this darn thing prevents me from upgrading the laptop to
> FC2. It works on Mandrake 9.2 though. I've seen only cm4000 drivers
> version 2.3.2 on www.omnikey.com. Do they have anything newer?

AFAIK not.  I've been using their latest cm2020 and cm4000 drivers
pretty successfully on RH9 and FC1.  Unfortunately they don't have (at
least public) releases that would work with a 2.6 kernel, so no FC2
yet.  I've pinged their Linux support but haven't received a reply.