Unnanounced migration phase at its end, non-transparency, "open" community project ... (was: No more kernel-source(code) ???)

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Jun 25 21:05:19 UTC 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

> You obviously missed it, but there was a change some weeks back
> consolidating N to 1 noarch packages

Unfortunately rsync is dumb enough to transfer the hard-linked file
multiple times, and only then hard-link it.  Remains to be determined
whether this is because I prime my local tree by hard-linking files
that exist only in the remote tree with rpms of different versions of
the same package, which sometimes saves a bit of downloads.