biorpms and FC2

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 14:26:25 UTC 2004

Thanks!

/me visits http://apt.bea.ki.se/biorpms/

/me notices that the names of all these packages do not follow the
fedora naming guidelines.  Humpf.  Moreover, there's also a comment
about a stuck dependency

        I focus on building for Fedora Core 1. Some packages are
        available for RH8.0 and RH9 as well.  Requires freshrpms.net,
        ATrpms, and Dag repositories.  As I depend heavily on these
        repositories, I will not build for Fedora Core 2 until they do.

This is /precisely/ the kind of blockage I want to help resolve!

Since you just saw my self-intro, you know that I am new to the inside
of the sausage factory that is Fedora, though I am not new to Open
Source (I started writing the GNU C++ compiler in 1987).  If you have
any advice on where I should start my campaign--either with Dag Wieers
and other foundational sites, the biorpm folks, the mailing list, or
whatever--I'd appreciate it.  I'd certainly prefer to make my initial
application of energy a positive, rather than a negative, experience for
all.

Thanks!