Self-Introduction: Michael Tiemann

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jun 30 15:37:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:58:56PM +0200, Rudi Chiarito wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:55:24AM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be easier to have a Yum repository for
> > the bioinformatics stuff?
>
> That's what I did at work - yum for FC2 and good old autoupdate for
> FC1/RH. That's not visible from outside, though, and I fear the
> legal/bureaucratic process to host the repository for external access
> would be long and complex (there's no lack of hardware or networking
> connectivity).

As another post suggested there is a very nice repo for bioinformatics
and expression analysis called BIOrpms (http://apt.bea.ki.se/). Its
maintainer is Bent Terp (cced).

Perhaps you want to join forces and have your packages submitted with
his site? The DNA (dis?)assembling tux logo is also very cool :)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net