biorpms and FC2

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Jun 30 20:39:51 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 10:26, Michael Tiemann wrote:
> /me notices that the names of all these packages do not follow the
> fedora naming guidelines.  Humpf.  Moreover, there's also a comment
> about a stuck dependency
>         ATrpms, and Dag repositories.  As I depend heavily on these
>         repositories, I will not build for Fedora Core 2 until they do.

> This is /precisely/ the kind of blockage I want to help resolve!

Good luck.  :-)

I just noticed the listing in my repository config; just passing along
information.  I personally would love a 'scirpms' repository, and would love
to see IRAF and AIPS++ in the stack... :-)

> Since you just saw my self-intro, you know that I am new to the inside
> of the sausage factory that is Fedora, though I am not new to Open
> Source (I started writing the GNU C++ compiler in 1987).  If you have
> any advice on where I should start my campaign--either with Dag Wieers
> and other foundational sites, the biorpm folks, the mailing list, or
> whatever--I'd appreciate it.  I'd certainly prefer to make my initial
> application of energy a positive, rather than a negative, experience for
> all.

Your name is familiar to me, from a while back.  Axel Thimm is on list here,
and he has cc:ed the appropriate person.  I'll just step back out of the way,
and let the dialog continue....
-
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology