weird install problem

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Mon Mar 22 09:19:47 UTC 2004

Le lun 22/03/2004 à 10:08, Alan Cox a écrit :

> > Power off - power on nothing the machine is dead.
> >
> > Any clues? Coincidence or "something bad happened during install" TM?
>
> Try unplugging the IDE disks see what it does. Some K6 BIOSes will choke
> with large hard disks (>32G), and sometimes it matters whether there is
> a partition table present or not .

OK the disk is a 40Gb, the partition table is from an earlier wiped
Redhat 7.2 install and the machine was booting from W98 (game machine
for the kids)

> You hang sounds a bit early for that however

Yes it is - with HD unplugged even the boot floppy is not seen... Sounds
like I need to try some guru magic with the MB... Like trashing it and
getting a new MB.

Thanks

Tony Grant
--