FastTrack 133 "Lite" or why there is no /dev/hda

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Mar 22 18:38:37 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 22.03.2004 schrieb Martin Mewes um 19:23:

> Anyone else some hints for me, before I file this to linux-ide?
>
> bis dahin/kind regards
>
> Martin Mewes

Could you please again explain what your point is?

You want to have the Promise controller to address to hda up to hdd? For
cosmetic reasons only? Alan answered that already: hda-hdd are reserved
and thus additional controllers address different to not conflict. If
you want to minimize bootup time, causing the system not to check for
disks on then legacy controller ports, just check your motherboard BIOS
settings. Normally each BIOS has a setting where you can enable and
disable the onboard controller channels (primary and secondary).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:33:07 up 3 days, 4:15, load average: 0.11, 0.19, 0.12
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]