FastTrack 133 "Lite" or why there is no /dev/hda

Mon Mar 22 22:19:45 UTC 2004

Le lun, 22/03/2004 à 22:04 +0100, Alexander Dalloz a écrit :

> All else I can say is that the IDE device naming scheme with the kernel
> is fix, so onboard controllers come first as hda - hdd. IIRC the kernel
> option "boot off-board controller first" does not change that at all.

This is false btw - I have a system were hda-d are on an addon card
(sii680) and e-h are the built-in controllers (via8235)

(Which is perfect for me btw since the built-in controllers are used by
dvd/cdrom/legacy OS and  ssi680 is the linux raid array)

It did require fun grub stuff like
rootnoverify (hd2,0)
map (hd2) (hd0)
to keep the legacy OS bootable, since it ennumerates the drives the
other way.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot