What is the problem with the mirrors?

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 23 16:10:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:14:14AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > Isn't the solution also simple?
> >
> > Give the mirror sites a priority access somehow, or perhaps a private
> > master server?
>
> Can you keep a secret?
>
> We are getting priority access.
>
> Something is "Not Right"(TM)
>
> -sv
>

> --

The master server on I-2 seems to have "gone away".  Its not in DNS
anymore.  I don't have a master to sync to that's anywhere near
ftp.linux.ncsu.edu.

I can sync...only if I shut down my FTP site so I have no load and sync
for *days* at a time.  Normally, all I get is rsync error messages.

Jack

--
Jack Neely <slack at quackmaster.net>
Realm Linux Administration and Development