Announcing Fedora Tracker -- comments?

Brad Smith brads at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 03:37:30 UTC 2004

> * http://rpm.livna.org repositories are missing

I've added this, but note that the "submit" link will allow anyone to
queue up a repository for indexing.

> * "testing" and "unstable" repositories at http://fedora.us are be
> missing, too

I'll have to do these later, unless someone else beats me to it
*hinthint* =;)

> * While the current package search interface is powerful and flexible, I
> would highly recommend a default simplified interface for the ordinary
> user where to enter a package name only and be done. Because once the
> service gets known more widely, it likely will be used as a replacement
> for sites like rpmseek.com or rpmfind.net. User can leave fields blank in
> the current search interface, but it is personal experience that the
> visual complexity of the interface either confuses or scares off visitors.

This is a very good suggestion. I mentioned before that my time is
limited, but I'll add this to the stack. Thanks for the suggestion.

--Brad