Fedora Tracker: Part Deux

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Mar 28 09:53:42 UTC 2004

Brad Smith wrote:
> A new and (hopefully) improved version of Fedora Tracker is now up at:
>
> http://academy.phpwebhosting.com/cgi-bin/tracker/tracker.py
>
> New features of interest:
>
> * Search results are sorted by repository type (core, extras, tp, etc)
> * Package search defaults to simplified interface
> * Source packages are filtered out by default to cut down on search
> results.

> I'll also add a "news" page or something so as to stop bugging you folks
> with updates =:). Since these most recent changes are the result of
> feedback from this list, though, I thought it appropriate to post about
> here.

I do feel it is appropriate to discuss here, as developer input will
continue to help improve this interface that will help the entire
project in "finding stuff".  I like the new improvements, and I can
suggest one one addition for now.  When multiple versions of the same
package are returned within a category, it should sort so that the
"newest" package is displayed first.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com