A quick question...

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 10:00:11 UTC 2004

Christensen Tom wrote:
> I started devel work on a DHCP configuration tool (as the configuration
> site at fedora said there isn't one) I was wondering if I'm duplicating
> work? Is another tool in the pipe somewhere?  Should I jump on with
> those people?  I have quite a bit of DHCP experience and coding
> experience, I manage a large enterprise network using DHCP, and some
> pretty advanced stuff like Option 82, and I've written alot of scripts
> to auto config my system for me, if no one else is working on this, I
> should have a very alpha configurator by the end of this week if anyone
> else is interested.
> Thanks,
> Tom

You mean dhcpd server right?  As long as you are working on this, please
consider the following:

* Perhaps use the "rhpl" and pygtk stuff shared among the
redhat-config-* and system-config-* tools.  I have not personally looked
at it yet, but they seem to share that package for common functions (?)
* Common RH/Fedora configuration options like used for tftp/PXE boot
(installer) and tftp/PXE/etherboot (K12LTSP).  I would encourage you to
talk to Eric Harrison and the K12LTSP community on the K12OSN list.