It really works! was Re: rawhide report: 20040228 changes

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 07:13:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Ronny Buchmann wrote:

>Installation with pxelinux went smoothly and also my Radeon9200 with DVI-out
>works out-of-the-box.
>
>This is great.
>
>I didn't see any really serious problems yet, has test2 really
>to be delayed so long?

Test2 is not being delayed due to general problems, it is being
delayed specifically because of SElinux not being quite ready
yet, and it is absolutely mission critical that SElinux is in a
useable state in test2, or else people will just disable it
entirely, and it will get zero testing.  There's no sense putting
out test releases, if one of the major new features will just be
disabled because it doesn't work properly yet.

Wow, that was quite a run-on sentence there.  I should like win
an award or something eh.   ;o)