spectool v1.0 was: Let us please all stop the whining

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Tue Mar 2 16:16:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:59:31 +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> For those who missed the great "why macros in Source fields are
> evil/bring world peace" thread on fedora-devel-list,

Nah, macros in Source fields are not evil. It's just that those, who use
them, use them inconsequently. They fetch a new source tarball with
up-to-date bookmarks and then don't update the URL in the Source field (so
why put the URL there beforehand?). And the expanded URL does not make it
into the binary rpm and src.rpm either.

I will test-drive spectool when I think about it. But it won't stop
the "whining" (-> subject), since if I found an out-of-date Source URL,
it would need whining to get it fixed. ;)