atmel drivers in the main distro?

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Tue Mar 2 18:32:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 03:30:50AM +1100, msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> Is there a reason the atmel wireless drivers are not distributed with the
> main Fedora disto?

There are a lot of wireless drivers that aren't integrated into the
kernel.  I'd suggest bugging the upstream developers about getting
their driver into Linus's tree.

In the mean time, there are other open-source wireless drivers in
fedora.us QA (at least my kernel-module-hostap package and a
kernel-module-prism54 package I noticed yesterday).  I'd love to see
more.  (Actually, I'd love to see the existing ones make it through QA
even more.  :-)

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/