package shepherding

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Mar 3 16:36:58 UTC 2004

Hi Alexander,

> I tend to not rely on them much. The problem with them is that the
> reporter often sets this to what he thinks, which is always high of
> course. I've had several people changing it back to high when i've
> changed it to a lower priority.

Really? Then tell them not to. That should not happen, and the fact that
some reporters do this should not stop us from putting these tags (or at
least the tag severity) to good use.

>  This, coupled with the fact that its
> very hard to classify priority like that makes me just ignore these
> fields.

For severity it is obvious when a report is security related, and only
crashes should be marked as "high". That would give you at least three
levels of useful severities.

I would say that if priority stays around it should possibly be used as
a developer only tag.

Leonard.