Fedora for IA-64

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Mar 3 18:43:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 13:52 -0300, Lucas Peetz Dulley wrote:

> I have never built a distro before, this is why I ask:
>
> Is there any sort of RedHat-like distro howto?
> What are the tools and/or scripts using for compiling several packages?
> Where I can find documentation about building a distribution tree ?

Do some Googling.  There are quite a few places that talk about things
such as rebuilding RHEL from SRPMS, etc etc.  Concepts will be very much
the same.  The biggest part would be modifying anaconda, though a large
portion of that is probably being handled with the AMD64 efforts.  Ditto
for fixing up 64-bit issues in certain packages.

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>