example of nice usability feature

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdslink.ro
Thu Mar 4 09:37:47 UTC 2004

Hi

As we were talking about usability (followup on ESR), I saw yesterday a
nice feature at a friend when we were browsing an image colloection from
his camera with ACD See on MS Windows.

On images which needed rotating, we rotated them (pressing a key or an
icon) and the viewer automatically saved them to disk rotated. This is
an excellent feature.

In Linux I have to start gimp, rotate and save it, for every image which
needs that. I know there are nautilus scripts for that, but if
EOG/gthumb would do the job automatically would be great.

--
Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania