example of nice usability feature

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Thu Mar 4 11:19:07 UTC 2004

El jue, 04 de 03 de 2004 a las 11:05, Julien Olivier escribió:
> On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 09:42, Geoff Teale wrote:
> > It's very easy to create a script for Nautilus to do this with a right
> > click on the image preview.
>
> Oh really ? My girl-friend will be pleased to know that she has to learn
> UNIX shell in order to rotate her camera's pictures :)

Or .... may be she could use her eye balls to read the eog, gthumb or
gqview manual ?

> Troll apart, you really shouldn't expect all Linux users to be hackers,
> or even to have hackers in their neighborhood.

Troll apart, users really shouldn't expect to understand the software
they're running without taking two minutes to read the software manuals,
or at least 30 seconds to explore it's menus.

No need to be a hacker, to right click in a image, select open in "Eye
of Gnome", select "Edit/rotate ..." in eog's menu, and save it.