example of nice usability feature

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Thu Mar 4 19:07:11 UTC 2004

El jue, 04 de 03 de 2004 a las 17:26, Marius Andreiana escribió:
> On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 11:56, André Kelpe wrote:
> > No need for implementing this becaus it is already
> > here. :-)
> yes, that's it!
> Anyway the example was not only for this specific feature, but a good
> example where the computer does what the user wants with minimal input
> (Iago: without the need to go to File->Save)

I'm not sure if I'd like an application that automatically and without
any user input save previews to disk.

I'm sure most users expect applications to wait for any user defined
event to write files.

It's not easy for a programmer to know what "the user wants", and
there's only one way to know it, user's input.

Are you sure the average user wants to save to disk a file when he's
playing with file's preview ? ... or ... may be, it's just your personal
choice.

Please think about it, taking into account that no application can
implement all features, all it's users think it should have.

regards