Test1

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Sun Mar 7 23:46:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 00:05 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> if you decide to work around the broken hardware/site like that, PLEASE
> complain to the website owner/device manufacturer to fix his non-RFC
> compliant device/site. Devices/sites that break with ECN on are not
> TCP/IP compliant basically since they don't accept bits that were
> reserved for future use in the early RFC's and are now used for ECN as
> per later RFCs.
It has seemed lately that more and more devices are broken, rather than
being fixed.  I seem to recall the kernel.org switchover was like 5 or 6
years ago and this problem should well be solved by now, yet it
certainly isn't.  I've found many sites (including places like Citi
Bank) that don't support ECN.  Is there any list of broken hardware/
software out there documenting what is still broken or how the admin can
fix it?

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>