fedora.us QA, Vendor, Packager and more

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Mar 8 09:36:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Delete these fields if you derive an existing package. Mention the
> previous packager's name in a changelog entry.
>
> "Packager:" is not used,
> "Vendor:" is set automatically by the build system.
>
> > I think this should be explained in the QA.
>
> It is not related to package quality.

It derives from what you see that a package of quality shouldn't have a
Packager nor a Vendor field. It seems to me the kind of helpfull rule to avoid
having to take a decision or ask on a mailing list, similar with the advice to
change Copyright to Licence. I had a look at the spec files to try to make an
opinion from the examples, however finding that a field shouldn't be present
would have required to look at all the spec files.

Pat