I want my Galeon back!!!

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Mon Mar 8 23:05:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 23:27, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 09:27:43PM +0100, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
> > it is an incredible piece of crap.  Start gnumeric and try browsing
> > its help.  Yelp needed 4 (FOUR) CPU minutes to display something on
> > a PII/400 and it was not a RAM problem but the stupid thing trying
>
> I think you have a problem. WIth FC2t1 it takes a celeron 800 about 10 seconds
> from hitting the help menu item to getting the complete formatted index.

It was a vanilla, out of the box FC1, swapping was nil and there was no
other activity.  The four minutes was not elapsed time but CPU time
(read through PS).  The help displayed was not the general Gnome index
(quite fast) but the Gnumeric one.  While rendering the Gnumeric help
yelp polluted my home directory with a lot of html files.   From memory,
the box was configured for US/English as default language.

--
Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512 at free.fr>