package shepherding

Bart Martens bart.martens at chello.be
Tue Mar 9 12:38:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:08, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> > We do already spend time fixing bugs, and it is an essential part of QA.
> > However you seem to want us to spend more time on that than we currently
> > do. The hard question is then: What would you want us then to not do
> > instead?
>
> You have vast amounts of possible volunteers on these lists, which if
> managed well could take some of the burden of your shoulders. I can see
> that individual developers are taking part in managing these resources,
> but I don't see an overall strategy.

Let's not forget rh is a business company. The rh-management's focus is
on having the rh-developers work on things that add value to rh, so that
rh makes money. Outsiders are free to fix bugs that fall out of rh's
focus. Alexander said it, "So, please, people on this list, fix a bug
today!", and he's right I think.