Cleaning up "Preferred Applications" & Desktop Consistency

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Thu Mar 11 23:11:01 UTC 2004

Simon Perreault wrote:
>>Font Bigger
>>CTRL+= Shortcut (proposed)
>>CTRL=+ Alternate (proposed)
>>This simple change would make it behave exactly like Mozilla's defaults.
>
> Everyone agrees that this should be done. I will investigate methods to do it.

Committed to CVS.

>>Clear Location Bar
>>Ctrl+L Shortcut (proposed)
>>Simple addition makes it behave very similar to Mozilla.
>
> In KDE 3.1, that shortcut was present.

Committed to CVS.

>>Full Screen Mode
>>Ctrl+Shift+F Shortcut
>>F11 Alternate (proposed)
>>Simple addition makes it behave like Mozilla and Internet Explorer while
>>retaining the previous shortcut.
>
> I'm fully in favor of this.

Committed to CVS.

>>Activate Next Tab
>>Ctrl+. Shortcut
>>Ctrl+] Alternate
>>Ctrl+PageDown (proposed)

There is no way to add a third shortcut. One of the others has to go.
But they are both KDE-wide standards. This will require a bit more work
and discussion, which I will get to in may, when school's over.

>>New Tab
>>Ctrl+Shift+N Shortcut
>>Ctrl+T Alternate (proposed)

Committed to CVS, and to much acclaim backported to 3.2.1 branch. Should
be available in the 3.2.1 release.

Upstream KDE rules. ;)

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org