Cleaning up "Preferred Applications" & Desktop Consistency

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Mar 12 01:19:25 UTC 2004

Simon Perreault wrote:

>>> Font Bigger
>>> CTRL+= Shortcut (proposed)
>>> CTRL=+ Alternate (proposed)
>>> This simple change would make it behave exactly like Mozilla's defaults.
>>

>> Everyone agrees that this should be done. I will investigate methods
>> to do it.
>

> Committed to CVS.
>
>>> Clear Location Bar
>>> Ctrl+L Shortcut (proposed)
>>> Simple addition makes it behave very similar to Mozilla.
>>

>> In KDE 3.1, that shortcut was present.
>

> Committed to CVS.
>
>>> Full Screen Mode
>>> Ctrl+Shift+F Shortcut
>>> F11 Alternate (proposed)
>>> Simple addition makes it behave like Mozilla and Internet Explorer while
>>> retaining the previous shortcut.
>>

>> I'm fully in favor of this.
>

> Committed to CVS.
>
>>> Activate Next Tab
>>> Ctrl+. Shortcut
>>> Ctrl+] Alternate
>>> Ctrl+PageDown (proposed)
>

> There is no way to add a third shortcut. One of the others has to go.
> But they are both KDE-wide standards. This will require a bit more work
> and discussion, which I will get to in may, when school's over.

Is KDE open to adding the option for more than one alternate key
combination, or are there other ideas in mind?

>>> New Tab
>>> Ctrl+Shift+N Shortcut
>>> Ctrl+T Alternate (proposed)
>

> Committed to CVS, and to much acclaim backported to 3.2.1 branch. Should
> be available in the 3.2.1 release.
>
> Upstream KDE rules. ;)

Thank you Simon for the followup!

It appears that than just upgraded the FC2 KDE to 3.2.1.  Can you supply
precise patches for us for these CVS keybinding changes that were not
backported to KDE 3.2.1, so that we may ship them as default with FC2?
Please Bugzilla those patches against the appropriate component and CC me.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com