fedora CORE 1 (x86-64) on ASUS K8V/AMD64 and Promise RAID

Mark Page mark at weballistics.com
Sat Mar 13 08:18:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just installed the x86-64 version of FC1.

The K8V mobo comes with a Promise SATA RAID controller. I've got two
SATA disks (80gb each) which I initially had striped for performance
(i.e. one large disk with 160gb).

During the fedora install the promise controller is found and the SATA
disk drives seen - but not as a striped set, that is FC sees two 80gb
drives. This is also the same if I use the two disks in a mirrored set.

If I let the install run it finishes ok, but refuses to boot - 'GRUB'
appears on screen but immediately hangs.

To get round this I've just got one disk striped (cannot disable RAID on
Promise controller) and it's been fine.

I can't find any help on the net about this particular issue, does any
one know what I should be doing to get either striped or mirrored RAID
set working properly?

Regards, -Mark.