'outdated' packages in rawhide

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Sat Mar 13 23:02:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:18:35PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Go with 6.2.5, it's actually been pretty stable.

FWIW, I just rebuild the FC1 package with 6.2.5, and it fixed a bug
I've been seeing where fetchmail leaves messages on the server with a
message "fetchmail: message delimiter found while scanning headers".
(I've been seeing that often enough that it might not be a bad idea to
consider this for an update to FC1.)

To get the rpm to build, I had to drop the markus and reply_hack
patches (both of which seem to have been integrated).  I had to add a
couple of BuildRequires (byacc and autoconf) to get it to even start
to build under mach, and even then the build failed, so there must
still be some missing.  (It built fine on my workstation, which has
just about everything installed.)

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/