'outdated' packages in rawhide

Alex Kiernan alex.kiernan at thus.net
Sun Mar 14 11:41:35 UTC 2004

Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> writes:

> The below is entirely my personal opinion.
>
> Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> > package        latest   rawhide
> > -------     --------- ---------

> LIKELY TO BREAK INSTALLER AND DELAY US MORE
> (Integration would be especially difficult)

>  > parted          1.6.6     1.6.3

Bugzilla #113295 has patches I did which take the parted build from
using a Red Hat specific tarball to a plain upstream one plus
patches. Once you've got that dropping in 1.6.6 was just a case of
updating the tarball and dropping out one of the Red Hat patches which
is fixed upstream (I actually did all this because I was trying to fix
a problem with Mac partitions - it turned out only Red Hat derived
sources exhibited the bug, even though the bug was really in upstream
- seee #112937).

I think the patches have rotted slightly (IIRC I did the patches
against -32 and we're up to -33), but if there's any interest I'll
happily update the patches in the ticket.

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc