--download-only option in yum 2.0.6

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoranews.org
Thu Mar 18 00:09:48 UTC 2004

All,

I think I found a bug in yum 2.0.6 but perhaps you can confirm it.

Notice the result betwen two commands with different order:

In the first command I used "--download-only" before "install" and it didn't
install ncftp as expected.

In the second command I used "--download-only" after "install" and it DID
installed ncftp.

1) First Command

# yum --download-only install ncftp
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Base
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: ncftp 2:3.1.5-4.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages
Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!
Completed Download and test, Exiting.
# rpm -q ncftp
package ncftp is not installed

2) Second Command

# yum install ncftp --download-only
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Base
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Cannot find a package matching --download-only
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: ncftp 2:3.1.5-4.i386]