Unable to locate theme engine

John Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Wed Mar 17 20:41:37 UTC 2004

After the update to gtk-2.4.0, I'm getting errors trying to run any gtk2
app, "Gtk - Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "bluecurve","
and then the theme doesn't look right.

I'm pretty sure that this is because the various theme engine libraries
and other things are being put in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/engines
instead of /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines

Creating a symlink fixed the problem.  Apparently gtk-2.4.0 doesn't
look in /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/ anymore

I imagine that this will get fixed in the next rebuild or so, but it
affects the following packages:
redhat-artwork-0.93-1
gnome-themes-2.5.91-1
gtk2-engines-2.2.0-4.1
librsvg2-2.6.1-1
libgnomeui-2.5.91-2
gnome-utils-2.5.2-3

which ought to get rebuilt then.  I could file a bug if people want,
though it seems trivial.

John Thacker