Attract QA'ers (was: Re: k3b fedora.us reviews or new maintainer wanted!)

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Mar 18 17:36:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:11:07 +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

> The QA Checklist has been improved, and Erik has come up with a

I think Erik and you should be permitted to set the PUBLISH keyword with
one review, so you could be more productive and increase your experience
by learning from mistakes, too. There's one single de-motivating thing and
that is if new reviewers seem to wait endlessly for a second review.

> As an proposal, I think QA'ers should make sure they set the NEEDSWORK
> keyword and remove the QA keyword when they think the package should be
> improved. This would reduce the queue, and make it "cleaner" :

But don't forget that a big portion of the queue has a very special target
group (e.g. lots of educational programming languages). These packages are
very unlikely to be reviewed by someone who has no interest in them. And
in particular not, if they don't even build flawlessly, because such
package requests result in a lot of work.