Attract QA'ers (was: Re: k3b fedora.us reviews or new maintainer wanted!)

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Mar 18 19:07:52 UTC 2004

> I think Erik and you should be permitted to set the PUBLISH keyword with
> one review, so you could be more productive and increase your experience
> by learning from mistakes, too.

Well, I would certainly welcome that :-)
And I'm sure Erik would too.

> There's one single de-motivating thing and
> that is if new reviewers seem to wait endlessly for a second review.

That's true. The REVIEWED keyword is a step in the right direction though

> But don't forget that a big portion of the queue has a very special target
> group (e.g. lots of educational programming languages). These packages are
> very unlikely to be reviewed by someone who has no interest in them. And
> in particular not, if they don't even build flawlessly, because such
> package requests result in a lot of work.

The best thing would clearly to have categories in the QA queue.
But I remember finding a package I liked in the queue, looking closely at
it, and discovering afterwards that a previous QA'er had found mistakes in
it, and the maintainer had not updated the package yet. I'm just trying to
come up with a solution to this case. This is certainly not as useful as
categories, but requires less architectural changes at the same time ;)

Aurélien
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info
"Je suis fasciné par l'air. Si on enlevait l'air du ciel, tous les oiseaux
tomberaient par terre... Et les avions aussi..." -- Jean-Claude Vandamme