httpd conf.d inclusion order (was Re: /etc/ld.so.conf.d)

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Thu Mar 18 20:34:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 16:10, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 07:43:44PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 14:18, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> >
> > > I think we'd need to somehow be able to influence the order in which
> > > files from /etc/ld.so.conf.d are drawn. [...]
> >
> > While on the subject of *.d inclusion order, IMO that should be applied
> > to httpd/conf.d snippets too, at least ones that install modules that
> > other stuff may depend on.
>
> Thing is changing all the filenames would make upgrades messy. There is
> at least already a guaranteed ordering, so that conf.d/zzz.conf will be
> loaded after conf.d/perl.conf, etc.
>
> I'm not sure if the motivation is strong enough; maybe we should just
> bite the bullet for FC2 and be done, though.
>
> joe

I do not know if apache is able to use more than one conf.d style dir,
but what about defining a new directory like conf_custom.d that will be
always parsed after all the files on conf.d. This way any distributed
file in conf.d (like the ones for perl, ssl) or external modules like
mod_jk will be loaded before custom files