forbidden macros in spec files

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Mar 20 09:04:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

On the fedora.us site there is a page about macros in spec files
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/RPMMacros
However there is no list of forbidden macros. I am currently using a Dag
spec file in order to convert it to fedora conventions, and in this file
there are macros which are commonly not used in fedora spec files:
%{__rm}, %{__install}, %{__make}. I think that something should be said
about these macros in the file. Maybe a clear statement could be something
like "other macros are best avoided".

And I believe %{_smp_mflags} should be added in the section
Build flags macros

Pat