bug submitting policy regarding missing/non-sufficient BuildRequires

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sat Mar 20 21:01:00 UTC 2004

Hello Kir,

> Are FC developers interested in bug reports that tells about missing or
> not sufficient BuildRequires in source packages from FC-devel?

I have asked this before, and the answer is "yes". Although not
showstoppers missing BuildRequires should be reported and eventually
fixed. I would say clean (Build)Requires is what separates Red
Hat/Fedora from (at least some) of the other rpm based distributions.

> gstreamer-0.8.0-1 should 'BuildRequire' gettext >= 0.11.5, but spec
> just specifies gettext without any version.

Maybe not very serious, but if there is a version dependency it should be specified.

> rhythmbox-0.6.8-2 should 'BuildRequire' gstreamer-devel >= 0.8.0, but
> spec doesn't specify that.

So file it to bugzilla :) . Thanks.

Leonard.