Xorg-X11 (or kernel?) problems.

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:26:08 UTC 2004

Hello, all:

Something that's been biting me ever since I switched to xorg-x11: my
USB mouse seems to stop working after a period of inactivity. Every
morning when I come in, I can no longer use it -- the cursor won't move.
If I try to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, X will forever hang, even disregarding
kill -9 from a remote ssh session. Rebooting is the only thing that
helps (and then again, eth0 won't come up unless I boot to 1 first, and
ifup eth0 from there, then init 5).

I'm not sure if it's xorg-x11, or the kernel -- they have been upgraded
at the same time. The only thing indicating that this might be the
kernel is the fact that when I insert my usb-key after the same
inactivity, the little bulb on it shows no reaction, while usually after
a fresh boot it will go into a frenzy of blinking while kernel is
setting up usb-scsi and all.

Anyone has similar problems?

Regards,
--